Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mission Trip

Well a couple more days and Craig leaves for Guatemala.  Then on Sunday, Nick and I leave for Atchison, Kansas.  Ashley her mission field is Paragould Prideline.  My family and I are blessed to be able to serve an "Amazing God".  6 years ago if you would have told me I would be going on mission trips and prayer walking and sharing the gospel I would have laughed at you.  Now, I'm looking forward to be able to participate in a mission trip.  I'm glad that I have a family that sees the vision in reaching other folks for the Kingdom.  I'm proud to be able to serve next to them. 

Craig visited Guatemala last year this time and had an exciting, eye opening experience.  Guatemala was his first mission trip.  He is looking forward to going back and seeing people he seen last year and ready to meet new people.  His favorite place to go last year was the orphanage.  He feel in love with a 7 year old little girl name Pat.  He is hoping they are able to go back and visit the orphanage. 

Nick and I leave Sunday for Atchison, Kansas one of the most haunted cities in the US.  Does it scare me?  I'm not gonna lie yes and no.  I don't really believe in ghosts but I do believe in demons.  The scary part is wondering what kind of obstacles are going to be waiting for us.  Then the other part of me is that I have a great defender on my side and He will protect me and others for what lies ahead for us.  The best part of this trip is working next to my child.  To see my children not ashamed or afraid makes me proud.  To see them jump in and ready to share the gospel is amazing to me. 

Ashley don't get to go on a mission trip out of town or country but she still has mission work ahead of her.  Packy has told the students before that their mission field is their schools.  That is so true.  I believe it will be harder for Ashley because her work is with her peers.  She has to be with them everyday where if you go away on a mission trip you probably will not see them again.  My kids have been made fun of for who they are (Christians), but that don't stop them from sharing the gospel.

" Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matt. 28:19-20


No comments:

Post a Comment